Rules & Information
1. No players, team coaches or parents/spectators will be allowed in areas designated "College Coaches Only". This includes the Hospitality Tents and the Scouting Areas behind each field's backstop.
2. No parking is allowed in areas that are designated as "Tournament Staff Parking Only" and "College Coach Parking Only". Parking is not allowed on the grass along the street.
3. Check In: Please check in at the park gate where you play your first game. The check in should only be a few minutes, but plan on 15 minutes in case we get backed up.
4. Showcase Playing Rules: Official game will end at 7 innings or time limit. Teams are required to turn in a lineup sheet to the umpires prior to the start of the game. Teams may use unlimited defensive subsitution and bat 11 players. You must report your batting order changes.
5. Tournament Playing Rules: PONY rules will be followed.
6.Run Ahead Rule: After 3 innings - 12 runs. After 4 innings - 10 runs. After 5 innings - 8 runs.
7. Drop Dead Rule: If time expires before the inning is completed, the game is over immediately (Drop Dead) upon finishing the batter. The score will revert to the last complete inning, unless the home team is up to bat and are ahead in the score or have tied the score.
8. ITB: If seven innings have finished and a tie exists the ITB rule will be used. However, if a tie exists at end of the time limit during Pool Play games the game will be recorded as a tie.
9. Tie-Breaking Procedure: Run Differential. Tie-Breaking procedure will be used to determine champions if we can't play Sunday's Single Elimination Tournament.
10. Arrival Time: Arrive at your field ready to go at least 30 minutes ahead of game time. The first game will start on time (weather permitting).
11. Warm-up Area: Pre-game warm-up is to be conducted only in grassy areas between or near the fields. Any team may use any of these allowed areas. There is to be no throwing of balls or batting directly next to the sidewalk areas. There is to be no hitting of balls or throwing of balls into permanent or temporary fencing. Any player warming up a pitcher must wear a catcher's mask. Please do warm-ups safely and be mindful of spectators. NOTE - CITY RULE: Warm up behind the temporarty 200' fences is NOT allowed. Warm up on football or soccer fields is NOT allowed.
12. Home Team Determination: During Showcase and Pool Play games a coin flip performed by the umpire at the pre-game meeting at the plate will determine the home team. During Single Elimination Tournament the higher see will be home team.
13. Protests: Protests will be handled in accordance with PONY rules. Protests will require a $300 fee in cash at the time of protest. If you protest is upheld, the fee will be refunded. No protests will be allowed on Showcase Games.
14.Weather Contigencies: In case of uncotrollable crucmstances or interruptions due to the weather, the Tournamenet Director reserves the right to alter the tournament format in any was necessary to reach a conclusion. This can include, but may not be limited to, shortened game times, fewer games guaranteed or playing rule changes. Games interrupted might not be resumed. Everything possible will be done to get the players on the field as soon as possible. It is ultimately the responsibility of the team managers and coaches to verify their schedule daily to make sure that no changes have been made.
15. Updates: Please be sure that each team has 2 cell phone numbers turned in so we can reach your team to provide updates. These 2 people on your team are responsible in relaying any updates to your full team when received. We try to keep last minute updates to a minimum.
16. Unsportsmanlike Conduct: I want to stress sportsmanship at all times. Managers and Coaches are responsible for their own conduct and for that of the players, assistants and spectators. Abusive language and/or unsportsmanlike coduct will not be tolerated in any degree.
17. Cancellation/Refund Policy: Teams that cancel 45 days before the scheduled first game will be charged a $350.00 cancellation fee. After the game schedule has been completed, teams that cancel will forfeit all rights to a refund. Also, there will be no refund of entry fees due to uncontrollable circumstances, such as weather or not complying with tournament rules. A future credit will be offered only for practice games due to inclement weather, please note those credits will only be available to your team non-transferable up to one year.
18. Hotel Policy: IT IS MANDATORY THAT ALL TEAMS BOOK THEIR HOTEL ROOMS THROUGH OUR HOTEL CORDINATORS, SUSAN OR BARBARA WITH SHOWCASE, LLC. IF THE TOURNAMENT LISTS THIS UNDER IMPORTANT POLICY INFORMATION. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN A $25.00 PER PLAYER PENALTY (NOT TO EXCEED $350.00). Teams are only allowed to stay at tournament sanctioned hotels; these are hotels that give the tournament reduced rate rooms for the college coaches. TEAMS ARE NOT TO CALL OR CONTACT HOTELS DIRECTLY OR THROUGH THE INTERNET.
Please submit your hotel request through the Hotel Request Form. Please allow at least 14 days for Susan or Barbara to contact you. When they contact you, you will be given a selection of hotels to choose from. Once you have selected a hotel that best suits your needs, Susan or Barbara will send your contact information to the hotel representative, who will then contact you. PLEASE BE PREPARED TO PRESENT YOUR HOTEL CONFIRMATION NUMBERS AT CHECK-IN. For further questions you can contact Susan or Barbara at 757-489-9447. Please be sure to leave your name, team name and a phone number where you can be reached, day or evening.
19. No glass containers and no alcoholic beverages are allowed at the parks. No smoking is allowed within the ballfield area, you must go outside the gates of the complex to a designated smoking area (city rule).
20. Please assist in keeping the dugouts clean for the next team, by picking up you trash after the game and placing it in the receptacle provided in the dugout.
21. No Pop-Up Tents are allowed within the 300' fences at Princess Anne Athletic Complex (city rule).
22. Please do not park on the grass at any of the ballfield sites (city rule).
23. Parks open at 7:00am (city rule).
24. Scoreboards will be in use during Tournament Pool Play and Single Elimination games. If there is a family member of your team that can operate them,it would be helpful, thanks.
25. Pets are okay at City View Park. Per city rules, they must be on a leash and must be cleaned up after.
26. Tournament Commitee Rights: The tournament committee reserves the right to qualify or disqualify any team, any player or any individual associated with the participating team to preserve the integrity of the tournament. Upon disqualification, for any reason, the team, players and parents forfeit the right to participate in the tournament an lose all games scheduled; team, players, coaches and parents are dismissed from the park premises including: fields and parking lots.
27. THE CITY HAS TOTAL CONTROL OF THE BALL FIELDS, THE TOURNAMENT STAFF IS NOT ALLOWED TO WORK ON ANY OF THE FIELDS. THE CITY ALSO DETERMINES WHETHER THE FIELDS WILL BE PLAYABLE DUE TO WEATHER.